Renewable Energy Usage
Chocablock Chocolates is committed to reducing its carbon footprint. Our premises uses solar power to offset our energy requirements and for every 50kw we save, another tree is planted by our solar energy provider.
It's just another way that Chocablock ensures that the greatest tasting thing on the planet can be available for generations to come.
As they say, "Save The Earth, It's The OnlyPlanet With Chocolate"
We are proud to announce that our energy consumption has dropped from 7500 Kw/H per annum to to zero in 2017. Water consumption for the same period is rated at 20 KL which is an industry low.
Waste & Recycling Management
Chocablock Chocolates maintains its commitment to recycling as much of its waste as possible. 90% of our waste is cardboard and paper recyclable and all printer cartridges are recycled via Planet Ark's recycling program.
All electronic and computer based waste is recycled through Tech Collect which is the only NTCRS approved e-waste recycler in Australia.
Environmental Law Compliance
Chocablock Chocolates insists on our operation running a manner that protects the environment and ensures compliance with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and standards (including laws related to air emissions, water discharges, hazardous waste disposal, environmental permitting and reporting, and product labelling and warning requirements)
Human Rights Policy
Chocablock prides itself as an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind in the workplace and comply with all Australian Laws in regards to such issues. No child-labour is used at Chocablock, and the company respects the legal rights of staff to join or not join trade or labour unions or other organisations of their choice.
Our company's working hours comply with national laws and are not excessive, with rest days offered in compliance with the law.
All workers are compensated in accordance with applicable wage laws and regulations, including those relating to minimum wages, overtime hours, and legally-mandated benefits.
OHS POLICY STATEMENT
To improve and maintain the standard of occupational health and safety within Chocablock Chocolates, and to ensure the development of occupational health and safety policy is considered a joint venture between both management and the employees.
To improve safety performance within the company and gain compliance with all relevant occupational health and safety legislation.
The management of Chocablock Chocolates is committed to providing a workplace that is safe and healthy, for all who come within our workplace.
Chocablock Chocolates recognizss that our people are our most valuable asset and as such we strive to provide them with a safe and productive environment.
In the unfortunate circumstances that one of our employees is injured, we will facilitate their return to work at the earliest possible time.
Chocablock Chocolates will achieve the purpose and aim of our policy by:
- Working together with all relevant employees and key stakeholders in occupational health and safety matters.
- Planning, implementing and maintaining an effective occupational health and safety system that takes into account all relevant occupational health and safety legislation.
- Establishing safety rules, policies and procedures which all employees, contractors and visitors will be required to adhere to.
- Investigating promptly any accident or near accident in order to undertake corrective actions as soon as possible. At all times, action will be taken immediately to correct any unsafe condition which arises.
- Ensuring all levels of our company actively participate in occupational health and safety issues, including training and compliance with our occupational health and safety program.